Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Robot coin bank by flickr user toytent
The exact same model of robot bank that Brett had as a child.
(Those of you who knew Brett and Lori's grandmother will not be surprised to learn that this was an Avon product.)

Lori: Have you ever built a robot?

Brett: Never built one, but I had a robot coin bank as a kid.  When you lifted his arm, his mouth opened, then he 'ate' your coins.

Lori: That sounds fun.  I'd hire one of those.

Brett: Yeah, it really rained on my parade the day it broke.

Lori: Did you cry?  It's okay if you did.  It's just a reflex of being sad.

Brett: Did I cry?  Never has anyone shed purer tears than I did that day.

Lori: Aunt Lyn would probably have a pun ready for this moment.

Brett: She always does.  I'm too dim to come up with a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment