Sunday, April 8, 2012

Of bitchfests and sequin wardrobes

Word With Friends is a fun way to kill some time.  But prompted by words that triggered a quote in my mind and by other words which made me think "that's not a real word! I'd like to see you use it in a sentence," I decided it could be fun to play a game of Words With Friends where the word played had to be used in a sentence each time.  After much deliberation about who to propose this idea to, I decided that my cousin might enjoy it.  When I suggested it, she was in.  And the first game was so much fun that now we only play that way.

When I came up with the idea, I assumed the result would be a bunch of unrelated sentences.  But when we started playing, I was surprised how often we were able to have conversations while making use of the words we were playing.  Sure, sometimes they were meandering conversations that didn't make a lot of sense, but they were conversations nonetheless.

Some of these conversations are pretty amusing, so I decided it would be fun to keep track of them.  I wish I had started recording them earlier, because unfortunately it's hard to go back and find old comments.  So some of these early posts will be incomplete, but hopefully still entertaining.  Let's join a conversation already in progress. (Words in bold and italics were the words that were played and therefore had to be used.)

Sequins by flikr user teachernz

Lori: Yeah!  Good for your qi.

Brett: I hear daily meditation is also good for your qi, but I haven't tried that.

Lori: I should swap my daily bitchfest for meditation.  I'm sure I'd find more peace that way. :)

Brett: Aw, you can use your bitchfest to lessen your wo, too.

Lori: So would a sequin wardrobe.

1 comment: