Thursday, April 26, 2012

From Oscars to Emeril to juggling on a throne

Watermelon Rind by flickr user Gene Wilburn


Brett: Which would you most want to win: Academy Award, Emmy, Grammy, or Tony?

Lori: Academy Award, I think.  I'll play a super sexy curvy alien or something.  Haha.

Brett: I thought you'd choose the Tony.  But I guess the Oscar would probably bring in more money, if you're worried about keeping your family fed.

Lori: I'd prefer a slew of awards, but you can't be too picky I suppose.

Brett: I wrote a lullaby: "La la la.  Sh, go to sleep."  Do you think that will win a Grammy? (Ha!)

Lori: If it did, it would be a shady win.

Brett: I don't know; when I sang it for some friends, they all raved about how good it was.

Lori: Really?  And what exactly had they been drinking at the time?

Brett: I don't know... something concocted by Emeril Lagasse.  Bam!

Lori: The Emeril?  I hear booking that guy is quite a feat!

Brett: He owed me one from the time a bee stung him in the eye and I rushed him to the hospital.

Lori: Yikes!  Did someone have to sub for him on his show?

Brett: Yeah, but nobody noticed.  He's a quin, so one of his brothers just filled in and pretended to be him.

Lori: Sounds glam.

Brett: More than glam.  I could gaze at Emeril (or his identical quin) all day.

Lori: I've heard gazing in general is good for your qi.

Brett: Yes, especially if you're gazing at someone hot.

Lori: Hot people seem to diet a lot.

Brett: Have you heard of that diet where you only eat watermelon rind?

Lori: Does it also involve balancing on the arm of a throne while juggling knives?

Brett: Um... no.  (Thought that does sound like good exercise.)  It's just eating watermelon rinds and avoiding beery drinks.

Lori: It's "though" not "thought."  Does that correction make you shake your fist at me?

Brett: No, I'm not mad.  It was just a typo, but I'm glad to learn someone won't be able to con you by adding t's to words.

Lori: Cool.

1 comment: