Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Magnum opus

It may take lots of twists and turns, but we managed to maintain a single conversation through an entire game. And it was a very competitive game, as well.

A picture's worth a thousand words.  Or, in this case, 579.

Brett: I think we're in the middle of another baby boom.  There seem to be a lot of cute little tikes running around these days.

Lori: I actually think it's spelled tyke.

Brett:  Apparently either is acceptable.  Weird, I know.  I've spent many morns wondering how some spellings and alternate definitions have made it into the dictionary.

Lori: English is a weird language.  That's what the crazy homeless guy near my work tells me... He also asks for a no foam latte... So...

Brett: That crazy homeless guy could be Jesus.  You should get him that latte.  Or at least take him to the zoo.

Lori: Point taken.  I'll dash though the Starbucks line before work tomorrow.

Brett: That would be a good way to start the day.

Lori: He may be the envy of every caffeine deprived dude on the block.

Brett: No doubt.  They'll probably get into a fight over it, and before you know it the latte will be gone because someone spilled it.  Maybe you shouldn't get him one.

Lori: Too late... I've already coped with this potential outcome though.  I can only wish for the best at this point.

Brett:  I hope a fight doesn't ensue.  You wouldn't want some guy to have an ache because you bought a latte.

Lori: I could almost faint due to anxiety over this...

Brett: Maybe you should make sure the cops are there to quash any violence.

Lori: I feel like if I continue to be involved at this point, I'll be putting a big dent in the good deed I was trying to offer.

Brett: True.  Oh, no... I just had a thought.  What if a busker with a sax gets involved?  That would make a pretty dangerous weapon.

Lori: No!! Just imagine... "Hi, can you take me to the E.R. please?  The man with the sax beat the bejesus out of me when my latte raised his ire too much."  Terrible.

Brett: Well, I'm glad you've planned what you would say in that situation.  Because I doubt you'd be able to hobble to the hospital on your own.

Lori: It's the sort of riddle I'd rather be prepared for.

Brett: Maybe if we pool our money we can get enough lattes so everyone will be happy.

Lori: I would love that.  I would never want to be remembered as a latte dream quasher!!

Brett: I, too, would prefer not to be known as someone who burst latte-dream bubbles.

Lori: Let me just jot down some numbers here for the latte fund...

Brett: I'm glad you're taking care of that.  The price of lattes is an enigma to me.

Lori: Ho boy... This is really starting to add up!! Ha!

Brett: Hmm... We could steal the lattes, but I don't really want to spend the rest of my life trying to elude the cops.

Lori: Darn!  What have we gotten ourselves into here??

Brett: Maybe we need a cheaper way to make everyone happy.  What if we got a lei for each person?  People in Hawai'i always seem happy.

Lori: Ooh, I like that idea.  But unless I can catch a wave to the islands, I'm picking up the leis at the dollar store.

Brett: Yeah, a trip to Hawai'i would put a bigger dent in our budgets than the lattes would.

Lori: That's your way of saying you were okay with the dollar store leis, right?

Brett: Correct.  I don't want to get rid of all my money purchasing a flight; then I couldn't afford the leis!

Lori: Understood.  Wouldn't want your finances off the grid.

Brett: Sounds like we have a plan.  Let's put it into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment