Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pardon our French

French Horn B & W by flickr user tatasiu

Lori: What is you opinion of the French horn?

Brett: Well, I hope this story doesn't bore you, but I briefly played the French horn in high school.  I was mainly a trumpeter, but experimented with other three-valve brass instruments.  (French horn, flugelhorn, baritone, valve trombone... That may be it.)

Lori: Aw, really?!?  I didn't know that!  I also played the French horn.  I was a mediocre flute player until junior high, and then switched to French horn and loved it so much.  I was pretty good at it, too.

Brett: Well, I may be biased as a brass player, but I'd say you climbed the ladder with that switch.

Lori: Oh, I agree.  But as an ex flute player, I have to defend it.  I never thought it belonged in the woodwind group, since they don't require a reed to play.




No comments:

Post a Comment