Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Here's a little blog we wrote

Metro train over the Potomac by flickr user LR_PTY

Lori: What is the price of fuel in DC?

Brett: Dude, I drive so infrequently I don't really know.  I just pay whatever they ask when I do need to fill up.

Lori: Public trans for you, then?  Does it take a while to figure out or was it pretty easy right off the bat?

Brett: Yep, I take the Metro to work.  I thought it was pretty easy to figure out, but it helped that when I first moved out here I lived at the end of a line, so it was impossible to get on the train in the wrong direction.  It's nice, you just put in the headphones, play a little Bon Jovi "Blaze of Glory" (or something equally awesome), and relax on the way to work instead of stressing over traffic.

Lori: I try to use the el when I'm in Chicago, but I can't stop worrying that I'll miss my stop.

Brett: Anyone worth his salt can tell you you shouldn't worry, you should be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment