Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Shutdown Showdown

kilts 013 by flickr user tamblackwood

Lori: Have you ever worn a kilt?

Brett: I have not.  But I have a friend who has, and he swears they are comfortable.

Lori: Well, if you ever try it... take a picture!!

Brett: I will.  I may even join Twitter and make that my first tweet.

Lori: Twitter is a bit like a drug.  I don't tweet much, but I check my feed at least three or four times a day.

Brett: Holy cow!  I better not join.

Lori: I'd follow you if you did though.  Your jokes are always right on the nose, and I usually laugh out loud.

Brett: Thanks!  I could probably come up with some jokes about my woe of being furloughed during the government shutdown...

Lori: I was wondering if this impacted your job.  Is there a roar of discontent in DC right now?

Brett: I'm sure there is, but I don't watch the news often, so I can't tell you exactly how bad it is.  I just know I'm not a fan of being temporarily unemployed.

Lori: I don't need to be told twice to understand that.  I'm sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment