Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Quailman

Quail by flickr user Cal Holman


Brett: Which do you like more, cats or dogs?

Lori: I like dogs more, probably.  But I'll give lots of hugs and kisses to either.

Brett: As a renter, though, you're probably limited in what kind of pets you can have.

Lori: It's sort of a game of descriptions.  Say I had a pit bull, which basically no one allows... I would just say I had a terrier mix.

Brett: And if you had a pet quail?

Lori: If I had a pet quail I'd be insane.  Can you imagine how my coworkers would dish about that.

Brett: Sometimes you've got to go against the grain.  Zag where others zig.  Leave your mark.  Own a pet quail.

Lori: Ok.  But at the first glare from a stranger, the quail is yours.

Brett: Deal.  I just hope it doesn't lead to an epic battle between the stranger and me.

Lori: I'll try to guard the exits if you need to play dirty.

Brett: That's sweet of you.

Lori: Ow.  I thought you were going to say brave...

Brett: You did tee that up for me.  I apologize for complimenting you incorrectly.

Lori: Yes, well... I could have coached you better for that joint effort.

Brett: I feel like such a dork.

Lori: Dork or no, you are near and dear to me.  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment