Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Are we funny? Or just funny looking?

Stirring the boiling milk by flickr user Plaid Ninja


Brett: Help me out with the punchline of a joke: What's the difference between pots and pans?

Lori: Um... You can only boil milk in one of them???

Brett: That's probably true.  (Though I've never tried boiling milk in a pan.)  But I'm not sure that punch line would bring me to the fore of the comedy crowd.

Lori: Yes, well... my comedy skills have been a bit lean of late.

Brett: I think you just need a confidence boost.  Here, let me introduce you: "Ladies and gents, please welcome to the stage the funniest person I've ever met, the secret love child of George Carlin and Phyllis Diller, let's hear a big round of applause for Lori!"

Lori: Oh, thank you, thank you... I bet with that intro you're wondering how a child of that pairing grew up?  Well... Ah... Hmm.  I think I need some more practice.

Brett: Well, let's not put you on stage yet, then.  I wouldn't want you to swelter in the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment