Thursday, September 13, 2012

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme

luge_lakeplacid by Clarkson University

Brett: Do you like the summer or winter Olympics better? I think I prefer winter, because
I like watching the bobsleds and luges go down the ice.

Lori: I don’t know that I’ve ever seen that sport. I hope to on the next Olympics now,
though.

Brett: Luge is pretty awesome. Part of me wants to start quoting Cool Runnings, since
bobsled and luge are related, but then the movie would have to be properly cited.

Lori: It would? I think we should discuss the rules of this forum. I’d like to avoid any
WWC fallouts.

Brett: Well, it seems unlikely they’d find out. If they did, maybe they’d be happy with
just a link that implies proper credit. (Which we already do, of course.)

Lori: Of course. For those rare occasions when the reader might not think the same way
we do.

Brett: Well, our readers can’t always think like us. After all, our high level of intellect
would leave most people in a daze.

Lori: Well said! Way to use your head there.

Brett: Oh, cut it out. You flatter me too much.

Lori: So sue me.

Brett: I’ll have my pa do it.

Lori: No, wait. It was just a figure of speech!

Brett: I guess I’ll pass the decision off to my lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment