Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I think a fez would make a pretty cool award


World's Greatest Uncle Award by flickr user monkeysox


Brett: Do you prefer carpet, wood, or tiled floors?

Lori: While I'm sure hardwood is leading the pack for most, I prefer carpet.  It's more comfortable and cozy.

Brett: I respect your reasoning.  I'll never force you to live in a place with hardwood floors.

Lori: Well that news fills me with a modicum of glee...

Brett: The nice thing about hardwood, though, is that if you oil it up real good, you can slide around in your socks and underwear like Tom Cruise.

Lori: I prefer the motorcycle 'dance' that the Shriners do in parades... in their cute little fezes.

Brett: Where's the last place you saw a parade at?

Lori: Drat... I can't actually remember.  You?

Brett: Since I have nieces and nephews, I've been to parades fairly recently... If you wait a while, I might figure out where the last one was.

Lori: Awww.  You should get an award for being such a good uncle.

Brett: Like a plate of surf 'n' turf?

Lori: I guess, man.  If that's the sort of thing that rotates your rotor.

Brett: Actually, I don't like seafood.  Just trying to get an idea of the value of this award you're proposing.  I'd be happy with a used copy of a good book.

(Lori swapped 3 tiles)

Brett: In any case, I better jot down some remarks in case I need an acceptance speech.

Lori: I've been trying to think of a suitable prize for being a good uncle, and came up with nada.  I mean... we have amazing uncles, and that's (wait for it) priceless.  (Cue the audience 'aww' sound-bit here.)

Brett: I'm sure they know how much they're appreciated.  If nothing else, they've probably heard it through the grape vine.

Lori: I bet your sis told them.

Brett: Yeah, she just can't quit doing things like that.

Lori: Well... I hope she let them know they're worth rave-ing about.

Brett: I think she used that exact phraseology at least ten times.

Lori: Ha.  Nerd.

Brett: Wait, I'm a nerd for using 'phraseology' or she's a nerd for repeating something ten times?  Because I think it's just a nervous tic on her part.

No comments:

Post a Comment