Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Childhood pleasures

Lori meeting Rush... greatest day of her life?

Brett: So, would you like to tell the WWC readers about your love of Rush?

Lori: Sure!  I usually have to dial it down so I don't embarrass myself.  They've been my favorite band for almost twenty years now.

Brett: I don't know if there's anything I've liked that much for two decades.  I envy you.

Lori: Wait a minute.  You mean to tell me there's nothing you fell into fifteen or twenty years ago that you still love?? That's kind of sad!

Brett: Not off the top of my head.  Is that bad for my qi?  Unless you count Roald Dahl books, which I've loved since I was a kid.

Lori: Of course that counts!!  How many books does he have?  Is there one that has an ogre?  That could be cool.

Brett: I'm torn between telling you about The BFG (which has giants that are probably the closest thing to ogres in his books, although the Twits are fairly ogre-like for humans) or being offended that you don't know his whole library well enough to answer that question yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment