Thursday, March 13, 2014

Beans, beans, the magical fruit

Chili on the Grill by flickr user Mike

Brett: Do you like lima beans?

Lori: Not on their own, but I pile them in with other types when I make chili.

Brett: Mmm... You can't beat chili on a cold day.

Lori: When did you have some last?  There have certainly been plenty of cold days to work with lately.

Brett: That is a good question.  I think it was in January.  Or maybe early February.

Lori: Well, button up your coat and go buy yourself some beans!  It's about time you had some more chili.

Brett: But it's actually pretty nice out here.  I'll have to check the forecast and see if it's going to be chili weather again any time soon.

Lori: That wouldn't faze my roommate or me... We have made chili smack dab in the middle of summer if the mood strikes.

Brett: I respect your right to have chili whenever you want, but I remain steadfast in my belief that it's a cold weather meal.

Lori: Alright, but you might be missing out.  Still... I have to give you the same respect for your stance.  It's only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment