Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Who wants to get dressed up and play bingo while drinking coffee?

Bingo by flickr user Justin Nakagiri

Brett: Do you like to wear fancy clothes?  If so, what's the last event you got all dressed up for?

Lori: Oh, rats... I think the last thing I dressed up for was a Masonic Lodge event for my dad.  I wore a polka dot dress.  Marilyn Monroe style.

Brett: That was nice of you to go with him.  Did you have to sit there and be quiet through a bunch of speeches and stuff?

Lori: Haha, sort of.  There were a lot of very old women, and they would stand and all walk a certain path as part of the ceremony... that did drag on a bit.  They were very sweet, but wow, some were slow moving.  My dad and I got to sing, though, so that was fun.

Brett: Did you play bingo afterwords?  And is it ageist of me to ask that?

Lori: Haha, I don't think so.  We didn't, but I would love to do that.  It seems fun.  I have a bingo game on my phone, actually.  Have you ever been?

Brett: I haven't played bingo in years, but I used to play at our school carnival.  The biggest prize I ever won was a coffee maker.  Not the ideal prize for a kid who didn't drink coffee, but better than pocket lint.

Lori: But you drink coffee now, right?

Brett: I'm not a regular coffee drinker, but I do have some occasionally.  I just have to be careful not to spill it down the front of my shirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment