Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chez Lori

Peanut Butter & Honey Sandwich by flick user jamieanne

Brett: Have you ever considered openings a restaurant called Chez Lori?

Lori: Ha!  I haven't.  I'd have to serve only mac'n cheese, ramen noodles, peanut butter sandwiches, and reheated frozen meals.  I don't see that making me a fortune.

Brett: Well, let me axe you a question: how good are your peanut butter sandwiches?  Because I might go to that restaurant.

Lori: Not too bad.  It depends on the bread I use, but I don't think my peanut butter choice can be beat.  I like the creamy peanut butter with a touch of honey.  Yum.

Brett: Hmm... I'm not a huge fan of honey, but that does sound good.  Do you cut off the rind?  Wait... I guess on bread, people usually call it crust.  Do you cut off the crust?

Lori: Ah, the lean sandwich, skinnier than the rest... I would cut off crust upon request.

Brett: Then schedule me a reservation for opening night!  I'll hit up the ATM on the way so I can leave a big tip.

Lori: Oooh!  Hopefully all my customers leave big tips.  Then it won't feel so much like "workin' the grind," as they say.

Brett: If I can make one suggestion: you should have a big vat of soup.  Prepare it in bulk, have your waiters and waitresses recommend it, and watch the profits roll in.

Lori: Da!  That's me agreeing with you in Russian.

Brett: It is a great language for agreeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment