Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The problem with assumptions


Potosi mines, Bolivia by flickr user Irish Guy's World the World Trips


Brett: Question: Is an axe used while mining ore?

Lori: Isn't that the sort of thing you only learn in jail?  What a weird question.

Brett: If so, I need to meet some ex-cons, because I'm just sure I saw a glint of something that must be valuable.

Lori: What would you say the odds were of that happening?

Brett: The same as the odds of getting a zit after eating some za.

Lori: I'm going to assume those are pretty good odds, then.

Brett: You are able to safely make that assumption.

Lori: Good.  Sometimes assumptions can have grave consequences.

Brett: Right, right.  Ass, u, me, etc.  Then you'd need an omer of good luck to get things set back straight.

Lori: You really need to hone your measuring skills...

Brett: Says you.  I disagree, tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment