Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

ugly sweater by flickr user n.zastrow


Brett: Are you one of those people who clads themselves in holiday-themed clothing this time of year?

Lori: Nope.  I'm a bit of a real humbug.  I refuse to acknowledge Christmas until December, and I only listen to Christmas music on Christmas Day or when shopping in retail stores and I have no choice.  I like to save up my excitement for the event, not the three months surrounding it.

Brett: My jaw is agape.  I'm speechless.  No "Baby, It's Cold Outside"?  No "Let it Snow"?  No "All I Want for Christmas is You"?

Lori: I like all those song, but I only feel like listening to them on Christmas.  A tuba player I knew in high school used to sing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" with me.  I guess if there's a sing-along, I'm more prone to celebrate.

Brett: Well, I agree that stores start putting Christmas stuff out too early, and I do refuse to do anything Christmassy until after Thanksgiving, but then I listen to Christmas music nonstop.  I feel like each song connects another dot leading to Christmas Day.

Lori: That's a nice way to look at it.  This year I'll try to bite my tongue and just enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment