Thursday, November 8, 2012

Would you buy our book?

The Ambiguously Gay Duo by flickr user Vim Trivium


Brett: Do you remember those SNL cartoons about the Ambiguously Gay Duo?

Lori: Was that SNL?  I'm pretty sure they did something with their fists.  Fight, I assume.

Brett: I believe we owe Stephen Colbert and Steve Carrell for that skit.  But I could be wrong, it's been an eon since I heard that factoid.

Lori: Really?  They're hilarious.  Not gruff at all.

Brett: I could be wrong.  It's not like I know every fact from a to zee.

Lori: Me either.  For example, I just learned that lath is another word used to describe lattice work.

Brett: You should put that nugget of knowledge on ice and save it for a rainy day.

Lori: Knowledge is good for my qi.

Brett: Based on our other conversations, we could fill a tome with what is good (or possibly bad) for our qi.

Lori: It's just for grins and giggles... it's a hard word to use!

Brett: Right.  But maybe we should write that book.  It might vie with some of the other stuff available in the self-help section.

Lori: What if the publishers pass on us?

Brett: Eh, at least we'll have had fun writing it.

Lori: If we put a picture of ivy on the spine of the book, maybe they'll take us more seriously.

Brett: If you're suggesting people might judge a book by its cover...

Lori: Er.....

No comments:

Post a Comment