Thursday, October 11, 2012

Did we choose to write this blog, or was it our destiny?


This conversation starts out kind of meta, then gives some good advice for job-seekers, then turns into something deep and philosophical.

Kangaroo & Joey by flickr user Rob-Jamieson

Brett: I didn't expect it to accept sanger, and I have no idea what it means.  Maybe it's how someone with an accent says 'singer'?

Lori: This game is strange.  It also accepts sext.  Weird.

Brett: The lesson: try any word once, you never know what they'll accept.

Lori: Like... joey?

Brett: You're smarter than that... You know what a joey is.

Lori: If you had an eye on my letters, you'd know it was the best I could come up with.

Brett: Listen, if you go in for a job interview, nobody's gonna hire you with flimsy excuses like that.

Lori: Well, well... Look at you all hip to the minds of potential employers.

Brett: Well, at least the local ones.

Lori: I see.  I'll jot that advice down anyway, just in case.

Brett: On the other hand, why try at job interviews?  It all comes down to fate anyway, right?

Lori: Depends on who you ask.  Do you think fate runs your life?

Brett: I don't know... I'll just bide my time until someone gives me a definitive answer to that question.

Lori: No one is going to just hand you a tote full of life's answers.

Brett: I know.  That makes me mad.

Lori: Well, you wouldn't want to just wait around for that anyway, right?

Brett: True.  Let me ponder it while I play the uke.

Lori: The uke, eh?  I don't know... Anyone ever bail when you play that?

Brett: Eh, I don't give an ef what other people think of my uke playing.

Lori: I'm sure your confidence charms them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment