Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's a (hypothetical) boy!

Realtor entrance by flickr user afagen


Lori: If you were to have a son, what would you name him?

Brett: I've always liked the name Aaron.  It flows off the tongue so nicely.  "Aaron, bring me a jar of peanut butter!"

Lori: He would totally grow up to sell realty.  Aaron the peanut butter loving real estate agent.

Brett: If being a realtor is what he dreams of, I won't tell him no.

Lori: How about if he wants to take a stab at taxidermy?

Brett: I would just advise him to make sure he has a visa.  From what I understand, the best taxidermists are in such demand that they do a lot of international travel.

Lori: I think you've been misinformed.  Let's try out another career now.

Brett: Maybe he'll be really good at some sport with balls and never need to worry about a real career.

Lori: And you could get the good seats by the dug out??  Always a motive...

Brett: I did think there would be some benefits for me.  But I'd be poring over his stats every day, to see if there was any advice I could offer him.  For his sake, not mine.

Lori: Just try not to be a "stage dad" trying to mop up his fame.

Brett: Me?  I wouldn't do that.  That would be rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment